Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   Atco Raceway (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/atco-raceway-15/)
-   -   Track Rental (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/atco-raceway-15/track-rental-332/)

B3Cuda 04-27-2005 06:56 PM

Track Rental

A buddy of mine has a track rental going on on May 12 at Atco & there is some room for a few spots I believe. If anyone is interested either e-mail me or post it here, I will be there. I do realize it is a weekday & kind of short notice but you know what they say a bad day at the track is better than a good day at the office. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you can e-mail me at mopar7134@netscape.net

sickt7cuda 04-27-2005 07:25 PM

B3, I won't know if my car will be ready for the 12th. I'd really like to go but I can't commit at this point. Don't bother to try and hold open a spot for me, but if I see that I'll be able to make it, I'll PM you on the 10th or 11th to see if a spot is still open.
Thanks,
Dan

onehellofadart 04-27-2005 08:44 PM

What is the time period and the cost?
Do you pay rain or shine?

B3Cuda 05-02-2005 11:51 AM

The time period is all day I think like 10 am to like 4 of 5 in the afternoon, however I think all the spots a filled up now.

B3Cuda 05-23-2005 12:05 PM

Maybe be a little late but I went down to Atco & had a pretty lousey day not as bad as other people had but no so good for me. However I was still able to get a new best for the car.

First run the car was on the chip & aborted the run , the chip gets loose in my MSD box went 11.46 @ 122.

second run 10.58 @ 125, carb loaded up after the run (float stuck) then my starter goes & stays engaged, wait 3 hours charge battery, take carb apart & try again seems to be ok.

Third run lousey burnout, blew the tires off at the line & got a new best 10.53 @ 129.47, 1.58 60'

last run I should have stuck with my instinct & aborted the run, car leaves hard & good I shift into 2nd car stumbles & hits the chip & I get a carb fire & dirty my shorts, stop the car & now the starter goes again won't start. Tow it back load it up & go home.

The car seems to 60' with either a 1.53 or 1.58 but my mph is all over the place from 122 to 129 & any place in between. I think I need to do some suspension tuning & get it dialed in. In a video I have it looks like the suapension isn't working like it should. I have now ordered a new carb & MSD digital 6 box & need to get out try again.

The worst part was I took my 7 year old son out of school to go with me so he can learn & get some hands on & see how the starting line lights work first hand. When I got there they were going to send me home since he was under 17 & they did not want him on the property at all. Neither he or I was very happy this was after a 3 hour tow from my house. I was almost going to take his junior dragster to give him some seat time & get used to driving it, nothing crazy probable like idle down the track & get the feel for it. Boy am I glad I didn't take it.

onehellofadart 05-23-2005 01:23 PM

sounds like a real rough day.
What did you do about your son?

B3Cuda 05-23-2005 02:51 PM

The end result was he was allowed to stay, it didn't make any sense to me. I understand insurance regulations but what do they do on a race weekend, I had to sign a release anyway. He had to sit in the stands or at my truck & wasn't allowed in a car period.

mikelbeck 05-29-2005 09:51 PM

I knew that story you told me today sounded familiar!