Cylinder Head Tech - Hosted by Racing Flow Development Answers to your questions or problems with your cylinder heads, hosted by cboggs from Racing Flow Development

Heads

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM

Heads

Curtis, I got your PM and I'll give you a call sometime after the holidays.

I looked at the Indy heads and shyed away for a couple of reasons; base cost is kinda steep, coupled with the fact that you need to use specific rockers (Indy or Jesel), also pretty pricey. Add to that the external oil system. I am going to take a second look at the Bulldogs, then make-up my mind. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:47 PM

Dan,

The Indy SR's can use a stock type rocker.

The Bulldogs, .. I've not had a problem with, only seen one set but I have herd from other porters that there have been some issues, .. thin ports ( exhaust ) and delivery. I'm not real comfortable working on them.

If I was you, .. I'd pick the Eddy's before the Bulldog's.

As for flow numbers, if you take the Eddy's and put a 2.19" or 2.200" valve in them I can get a flow number similar to the published Bulldog numbers, .. maybe a little better on the low lift.

You're running a 383, small bore, .. I'd stick to the 2.14" valve, .. maybe.
I'll have to try a big valve on the smaller bore to see, .. but I'm a big valve fan. I know the Fererra nail head style valve works great. Fererra makes the valve for me, .. it's a small block Chevy valve cut down, expensive tho'

Waiting till after the holiday is fine, . . but keep in mind so is every one else. Between that and the fact I do all the cylinder heads for a few road race classes my shop gets swamped in Jan, Feb & March.

Curtis