Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   General Forum (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/)
-   -   Any Racing??? (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/any-racing-413/)

sickt7cuda 05-20-2005 01:14 PM

Any Racing???

Anyone going racing this weekend? I'll be at Island on Saturday.

BBLM23 05-20-2005 01:58 PM

On Tuesday the weekend weather looked good, so I made plans to work on the new engine and not go tuning at LVD Wednesday night. I assumed I could tune Saturday and race Sunday at LVD. Now the weather looks bad for the weekend... ](*,)

DARTSPORT 05-20-2005 03:53 PM

No racing this weekend, still waiting on the new Brodix heads........

mikelbeck 05-20-2005 05:02 PM

No racing for me, either, I don't trust my brakes just yet. I'm waiting on a new pushrod (Tuesday), I'll be out next weekend. DEFINATELY.

kruger 05-20-2005 08:40 PM

No Racing, Still looking again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fastbackcuda 05-20-2005 09:03 PM

None for me either, but thats no surprise. I'll get to the track one of these days. Then the wife can stop complaining about me going to car shows. :mrgreen:

Mopower71 05-20-2005 09:28 PM

IwenttoT&T butthat'soldnews
Uhoh,timetochangeoutthiskeyboard.

fastbackcuda 05-21-2005 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mopower71

LOL, I took mine apart last night and cleaned the sticky keys. :lol:

onehellofadart 05-21-2005 08:29 AM

No racing for me this weekend. Going down the shore today
to see our new Grand Niece.
Tomorrows out too.

BBLM23 05-22-2005 11:06 AM

Went to LVD for T&T, 3 freakin runs... 12pm, 2pm and 7pm... Not much tuning there... Stayed overnight to race today, rained out... ](*,)

Mopower71 05-22-2005 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by BBLM23
Went to LVD for T&T, 3 freakin runs... 12pm, 2pm and 7pm... Not much tuning there... Stayed overnight to race today, rained out... ](*,)

Hmm, 3 runs, Back to the old routine. I just love sitting in the staging lanes for 3 hrs, been there done that.
Well It is the weekend, did you expect anything but rain? Seems like the trend. We had a run like this a few years ago.
Walt, We really need a closer track. I was almost thinking of going and talking to the owners of Stormville airport, to see if it was possible to run down the strip, so I could at least tune the car before hauling it 2 hrs. away.

BBLM23 05-22-2005 12:48 PM

I was telling someone yesterday, the last time I went to LVD for a Saturday T&T was 1991 with my buddy's Comet. It was nice when I raced Wednesdays and could go to Island on Sunday for T&T. I could actually get 8 or 9 runs in while changing something every two passes. I might have to take a vacation day and go to a track rental at LVD on Friday.
Yesterday was crowded. Stock/Super Stock race was supposed to be today, so there was a lot of those guys in T&T. There was also a Central Mass. Drag Race going on. Stopped for rain 7 times. I lost count of pukes, pisses and spills on the track. Even a bike blew up a gearbox and oiled down the track...

onehellofadart 05-22-2005 01:15 PM

I was telling someone yesterday, the last time I went to LVD for a Saturday T&T was 1991 with my buddy's Comet. It was nice when I raced Wednesdays and could go to Island on Sunday for T&T. I could actually get 8 or 9 runs in while changing something every two passes. I might have to take a vacation day and go to a track rental at LVD on Friday.
Yesterday was crowded. Stock/Super Stock race was supposed to be today, so there was a lot of those guys in T&T. There was also a Central Mass. Drag Race going on. Stopped for rain 7 times. I lost count of pukes, pisses and spills on the track. Even a bike blew up a gearbox and oiled down the track...

Frustrating and boring when you have to sit and wait like that :?

BBLM23 05-22-2005 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
Frustrating and boring when you have to sit and wait like that :?

I read 175 pages of a 303 page book. I always leave a book in the car...
One guy saw me chowing down a power bar and said, "No fair, you brought snacks!"

sickt7cuda 05-22-2005 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by fastbackcuda

And just HOW did those keys get sticky? (thoughtful pause) never mind.

fastbackcuda 05-22-2005 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda

A little one and a unwatched glass of Ice Tea. :lol:

Mopower71 05-22-2005 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda

Same way Adams got messed up
Kid+Drinks+Keyboard=Stickey Keys

B3Cuda 05-23-2005 11:34 AM

I hope to go out this weekend if the weather holds, waiting for a new carb & msd box to come in the mail. Not sure where I want to go.

mikelbeck 05-23-2005 12:01 PM

I'm going Sunday to E-Town. It's a National Dragster Challenge day, I'm gonna get me a Wally. ;-)

onehellofadart 05-23-2005 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by mikelbeck
I'm going Sunday to E-Town. It's a National Dragster Challenge day, I'm gonna get me a Wally. ;-)

Go get um Beav

B3Cuda 05-23-2005 02:55 PM

That may be a good idea, the weather doesn't look to promising though.

Are you going to Island the following weekend for the 10,000 footbrake race?

mikelbeck 05-23-2005 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by B3Cuda

That may be a good idea, the weather doesn't look to promising though.

Read this next line out loud, very slowly:

IT WILL NOT RAIN.

Are you going to Island the following weekend for the 10,000 footbrake race?
I can't make it that weekend, my wife informed me that I had a previous engagment that I commited to without knowing about... I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Mopower71 05-23-2005 05:56 PM

Read this next line out loud, very slowly:

IT WILL NOT RAIN.

IT WILL NOT RAIN EVERY WEEKEND

Mopower71 05-23-2005 05:58 PM

Hemmings Motor News is putting on Muscle Palooza 2 at LVD and I was thinking about going.

BBLM23 05-23-2005 06:18 PM

Hemmings Motor News is putting on Muscle Palooza 2 at LVD and I was thinking about going.

I put in for vacation days for Thursday and Friday to work on the Dart. Some things can't be done in the trailer. I told my boss if it rains I'll be in... I don't have to do anything for Musclepalooza, but I have a few things I would like to do...

mikelbeck 05-25-2005 10:29 PM

Lookin' good for Sunday:

http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...07726&dayNum=4

Mopower71 05-26-2005 06:42 PM

I put in for vacation days for Thursday and Friday to work on the Dart. Some things can't be done in the trailer. I told my boss if it rains I'll be in... I don't have to do anything for Musclepalooza, but I have a few things I would like to do...

So what do you think the chances are their going to call it off?

BBLM23 05-26-2005 07:03 PM

So what do you think the chances are their going to call it off?

I will leave my house at 7:30am Saturday. At 8am someone will be at the track to tell me:
A) It is ok right now
B) We are rain delayed. We will decide by 9am.

mikelbeck 05-28-2005 09:12 PM

](*,)
IT'S RAINING!
](*,)

sickt7cuda 05-29-2005 09:25 AM

Ah, the sun is shining and I'm going to Pocono Raceway to go flying around the track in a Nascar type car. Wooohoooo!