Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   General Forum (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/)
-   -   One race sponsorship (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/one-race-sponsorship-150/)

mikelbeck 10-29-2004 03:47 PM

One race sponsorship

My brother has graciously decided to sponsor my car for the upcoming Atco Garbadella footbrake race (Nov 6 & 7).

He's not doing much beyond paying for the entry fee, and he paid for some decals to put on the car. Saves me a few $$$ to race, but I have to split my winnings (if any) with him.

That's better than nothing, I guess!

Mopower71 10-29-2004 04:11 PM

Very cool.
At least you get to run the car again this year

Mopower71 10-29-2004 04:14 PM

Hey, did you know Scud racing is an Australian Formula 3 race team?

mikelbeck 10-29-2004 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower71
Hey, did you know Scud racing is an Australian Formula 3 race team?

Nope.

When my brother was a kid, I called him "Scrub". I don't remember why. One day a couple of years ago he was over my house, I called him "Scrub" again. My neighbor thought I said "Scud". I think it was around the time of the Gulf War, so that word was kinda common. We've been calling him "Scud" ever since. ;-)

onehellofadart 10-29-2004 04:38 PM

Good deal. Good luck to ya. Are you racing Saturday and Sunday?

mikelbeck 10-29-2004 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
Good deal. Good luck to ya. Are you racing Saturday and Sunday?

We're getting there Friday, gonna race Friday night to get in some practice. Then we're racing Saturday. One of the guys we're going with is in the points in Top Street at E-Town, he wants to go there Sunday (final points day). We'll see what happens.

onehellofadart 10-29-2004 05:18 PM

Let me know about Sunday. I might go down then. Just to spectate.
possibly pass out fliers. :mrgreen:

mikelbeck 10-29-2004 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
Let me know about Sunday. I might go down then. Just to spectate.
possibly pass out fliers. :mrgreen:

Well, I won't really know until Saturday afternoon... It mostly depends on how we do Saturday. If we all tank and go out first round, I'm pretty sure we'll go to E-Town Sunday.

sickt7cuda 10-29-2004 07:42 PM

Mike, sounds like a good deal unless you win the 10 G's. Splitting that would hurt. You couldn't get him to settle for a Happy Meal ? :-k

mikelbeck 10-29-2004 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
Mike, sounds like a good deal unless you win the 10 G's. Splitting that would hurt. You couldn't get him to settle for a Happy Meal ? :-k

:lol:

Actually, I'd get even less... I go with 2 other guys, we agreed to a 50-25-25 spli for each of us. So if I wont the 10K, I'd get $2500. Which still isn't all that bad.

82GT 10-31-2004 08:20 AM

Just curious,

Assuming the car count is met, when you win a big payout like that do you get the advertised payout, or is it like the lottery where they take taxes off the top? I’m guessing the promoter would report the payout to the IRS so he could deduct it.

First I actually have to get the car together so I can race, then actually win before I worry about anything like this, just wondering

mikelbeck 10-31-2004 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 82GT
Just curious,

Assuming the car count is met, when you win a big payout like that do you get the advertised payout, or is it like the lottery where they take taxes off the top? I’m guessing the promoter would report the payout to the IRS so he could deduct it.

I really have no clue. I'll let ya know after I win next Saturday. ;-)

82GT 10-31-2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by mikelbeck
I really have no clue. I'll let ya know after I win next Saturday. ;-)

=D> =D> =D>

DARTSPORT 10-31-2004 03:55 PM

Usually with any winnings, it is payed to you full amount. You will be responsible to pay the taxes. The race track will report it to the IRS. That is why they ask for your social security number, when you fill out your tech card at the track. I asked my accountant about this earlier this year. He said that the track where you receive any winnings, will at the end of the year, send you some kind of form , and you are suppose to claim it or report it as earnings. :evil: Depends how much you win? :) You might not have to claim it, if you didn't win much? I will find out for sure later this year.

82GT 11-01-2004 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by DARTSPORT
you are suppose to claim it or report it as earnings. :evil: Depends how much you win? :)

I assume (will verify with my accountant once in that position) like the lottery you can offset your winnings with your expenses. As always keep those receipts!!

Mopower71 11-01-2004 10:16 PM

Maybe next year he could sponsor 2 Orange Mopars :wink:
I need to get the kinks worked out of this car and get some serious seat time.
Good luck :!: