Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   Lebanon Valley Dragway (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/lebanon-valley-dragway-21/)
-   -   LVD Lease Sold? (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/lebanon-valley-dragway-21/lvd-lease-sold-200/)

mikelbeck 12-16-2004 02:36 PM

LVD Lease Sold?

I saw on another board that the lease for LVD was sold to Gary Chimeri - the guy who drove Long Island Motorsports Park into the ground.

Anybody know if this is true or not?

mikelbeck 12-16-2004 02:38 PM

Looks like it is true, I found this on the LVD web site:

Rather than get on the phone all afternoon I am doing a blast email. I just got off the phone with Tim Rafferty. Kyle Barletta called him this morning to tell him that the lease was sold to Gary Chimeri (the Long Island dragway guy). THIS IS NOT A RUMOR. Kyle and Glenn have been given two weeks to get their stuff out of there; they were informed that their services are no longer required. According to Tim, Chimeri will be calling the rest of the employees over the next few weeks and he has no idea if he still has a job.
William Horton
Personal Lines Manager
Stone Insurance Group
203 238 7400 x233

82GT 12-16-2004 02:55 PM

RIP LVD

onehellofadart 12-16-2004 03:21 PM

This is NOT a good thing :!:

sickt7cuda 12-16-2004 04:16 PM

Mike, just how and why did he run LI into the ground? Seems to me, if a guy is gonna spend money on a lease, he would want to make it a profitable business. What do you think his angle is?

82GT 12-16-2004 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
Mike, just how and why did he run LI into the ground? Seems to me, if a guy is gonna spend money on a lease, he would want to make it a profitable business. What do you think his angle is?

Not Mike but I did work for Gary for a couple of years. Believe me LIMP made money, but not one penny went back into the track. Payouts where a joke, a Drag strip should have more then 4 employees (of the 4, 2 sole purpose was to take in the money) Gary screwed over everyone that allowed themselves to be screwed (cash up front if you deal with him) :roll:

fastbackcuda 12-18-2004 07:26 PM

This sucks. hes gonna kill LVD

Smink 12-18-2004 07:32 PM

Glen and his partner were told to packup and leave already!

Smink 12-18-2004 07:32 PM

Glen and his partner were told to packup and leave already!

mikelbeck 12-20-2004 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda

Well, let's see...

At first, he put some money into the track, made it look nice and had a lot of big events. As time went on, less and less money went into the track. It cost more to get in the gate, and the payouts became smaller and smaller. He lost NHRA affiliation after a while. He pissed off all of the Jr. Dragsters, so they all left. I heard that the Wallys that were available for the winnters of the NED "Wally Days" were in his home, never made available to the racers. I know of one guy who was the track champion a few years back, he was supposed to get a year's worth of free passes and a jacket, he never got anything.

After a while the track started to fall into disrepair, no more money was put into it. The concessions stand was shut down by the board of health. The bathrooms were disgusting, after a while they replaced them with port-a-potties and a roach coach. The track workers had a mop and a shopping cart at the starting line, if anybody oiled down the track you might as well pack up and go home, it'd take hours to clean up.

I saw a nice car crash up at the top end of the track. The track workers went up there with the (1) fire extenguisher and watched the car burn to the ground.

What else... Timing system hardly ever worked properly. The tower was burned down one year and replaced with a trailer. Towards the end, nobody even worked the starting line, it was done from the trailer. There were "combined eliminator" days (Heavy & Super), with 50 or more cars, the payout was minimal.

Some days they tried to have 5 or 6 classes, plus money runs, plus big events. All in 5 hours. Hardly ever finished any of the classes.

And of course, the time-only guys ruled. While all of the heavy or super racers were sitting in the lanes waiting to run eliminiations, the time-only cars would go round after round, making as many passes as they seemed to want.

It was a mess.

mikelbeck 01-06-2005 03:43 PM

It looks like this deal is dead, and the old staff will be back running the track in 2005.

=D>

onehellofadart 01-06-2005 04:43 PM

What did you hear or read?

mikelbeck 01-06-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
What did you hear or read?

I saw something on the DRU site, and the promodified site that said that the deal fell through.

Mopower71 01-06-2005 07:41 PM

That's odd. The news page on dragway.com is gone again and has been for about a week.
The continuing saga of LVD. What will happen next?