Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   Tech (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/tech-27/)
-   -   Line Lock Problems (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/tech-27/line-lock-problems-398/)

mikelbeck 05-13-2005 10:36 PM

Line Lock Problems

I've been bleeding my brakes all day, and I keep getting more and more air in the lines. The line lock sounds like it's sucking in air when I step on the pedal. Is this possible? Is it worth trying to rebuild it or should I just replace it? Biondo has them for $39.99, if it's shot I guess I'll just buy a new one.

My neighbor said that he remembers from when he installed his line lock it was supposed to be up and down. Mine is side to side, does this make a difference?

onehellofadart 05-14-2005 06:06 PM

It should be mounted up and down. I would think it spit when you stepped on the peddle and suck when you release.
Where is it sucking air from. Maybe you have a bad brake line or brake line connection.
I know they are rebuildable but for the price I would replace it if its the
unit itself.

sickt7cuda 05-14-2005 07:35 PM

Like Tony said, it should be mounted upright with the brake lines out the sides. I've never tried to take one apart, but I'm sure it's a simple restricted orifice that, in your case, is most likely the victum of some dirt or debris. Try disconnecting the brake line, blow some hi pressure air through it backwards.

fastbackcuda 05-15-2005 02:04 PM

I cant get mine to hold. Brakes are bled, Adjusted the front brakes but Its not holding.

onehellofadart 05-15-2005 04:00 PM

Are you sure its not holding or are you pushing through them.
Roll through a little water pump them hit the button and then try it.

mikelbeck 05-15-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
Like Tony said, it should be mounted upright with the brake lines out the sides. I've never tried to take one apart, but I'm sure it's a simple restricted orifice that, in your case, is most likely the victum of some dirt or debris. Try disconnecting the brake line, blow some hi pressure air through it backwards.

I went out, pulled the hood off and it started pouring on me... Another day, I guess.

Mine is a Biondo unit, the brake lines come out of either end, not the side.

I've already bypassed it, the "sucking" sound is gone, so I'm gonna assume that it's no good. I'm gonna re-bleed the front to make sure there's no air in there and I can get a good pedal, then I'll order a replacement.

fastbackcuda 05-15-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
Are you sure its not holding or are you pushing through them.
Roll through a little water pump them hit the button and then try it.

Its possable Im just pushing threw it. Maybe to much tire, not enough gear. I'm going to start the transmission/gear swap this week.

mikelbeck 05-15-2005 09:34 PM

I pulled out the old line lock, it doesn't look to be in good shape, so I guess I'm gonna replace it.

The old one is a Biondo unit. What should I go with now? Hurst, B&M, Summit, Biondo...?

fastbackcuda 05-15-2005 09:39 PM

I have a hurst in my car but there over $100 now. I just buy another Biondo. I hear there good.

mikelbeck 05-15-2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by fastbackcuda
I have a hurst in my car but there over $100 now. I just buy another Biondo. I hear there good.

Ya, the Hurst is big bucks, the Biondo is less than half the price.

1BadMirada 06-03-2005 04:40 PM

hi..i had the B&M linelock on the mirada..and i hated it...it was slow to disengage...and after pushing my skinnies the first 25 or 30 feet a few times, i took it off, and havent looked back. in the CC national circuit, it seems that LOTS of guys in sportsman run them, but i cant figure out why.