General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

does anyone here travel?

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Administrator

does anyone here travel?

For racing? I know that a great many of you are from the New york area, but with things like the mopar nationals and the chrysler classics event series south and west of you, i was wondering if anyone makes the trips? typically the chrysler classic series runs in pittsburgh, columbus, cincinatti, kansas city, norwalk, and a michigan stop, either milan or martin. and the nationals is in columbus every year, or at least it has been since the mid 90s when it moved from indy.

even 82GT, do you go to any of the NMRA events?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Administrator

what do you mean?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Are you southbound Mikel?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 AM

No. I used to go to New Jersey once in a while, now I don't even do that. One trip last year to Delaware for the Bracket Finals. My "home" track is a two hour trip...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Administrator

wow..good for you! hope that works out..

i, on the other hand, have a two hour trip to norwalk, and there is a local track, but it looks awful on their webpage, and they charge 25 bucks for test n tune..25 bucks for TNT, id better get at least 10 runs.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1BadMirada
wow..good for you! hope that works out..

i, on the other hand, have a two hour trip to norwalk, and there is a local track, but it looks awful on their webpage, and they charge 25 bucks for test n tune..25 bucks for TNT, id better get at least 10 runs.
LOL
$25 bucks and about 3-4 runs is what you get at LVD, and that's after a 2hr. drive
Old 01-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator

In PA, I had my choice of either going to Pittsburgh Raceway Park (which is a good hour+ from Pittsburgh, or Quaker City, in salem OH. Quaker was nice because it was NEVER as crowded as PRP, and they were almost the exact same amount of time to drive there, although PRP was much closer (driving to quaker was all ohio country roads). they both charged around 15 bucks for TNT, and you could get 4-5 runs at PRP, and at quaker, on a good night with no wrecks or no major oil downs, you could often get a TON of runs. When we took the mirada there last time, it rained, and they were letting the slow cars run in the rain...not surprisingly, the RT isnt any slower in the rain...

however, quaker is "slow" from the 1000' mark out..i typically run about even in the 8th, and about a tenth slower in the quarter due to a slight incline on the top end.

Once we figure out what we are doing with the cars this year, we might make a few trips to norwalk, as the facility is nice, and its fast. its about two hours away, but ive never been to norwalk when it wasnt a nopi or mopar only event...so i dont know what they charge or TNT
Old 01-31-2006, 10:31 AM

Re: does anyone here travel?

Originally Posted by 1BadMirada
even 82GT, do you go to any of the NMRA events?
Well first I have to get the car running again. I definitely plan on hitting the Ford Motorsport Nationals @ Maple Grove in June and Atco in August. Fun Ford Weekend will be at New England Dragway also in August, I'll try to hit them, depends on money and time.

NMRA wraps up at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky in September, I have some friends down there, and I'd like to go to that also.

I want to hit all the local bracket tracks and see what there program is like. Then in 07 run the points somewhere
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Administrator

i dont know all that much about the mustang scene, but since i belong to a huge stang site, i am familair with the NMRA...and i didnt want to exclude you....