General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

Fundraising Effort

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM

Fundraising Effort

Hello! I am writing to you today, as a volunteer for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to ask you for help in raising funds to help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma. I am a new member of their Team In Training program. I am currently training to walk in my first marathon on Sunday, April 30th, 2006.
As you may or may not know, leukemia is a malignant disease of the bone marrow and blood and is the cause of more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults. It is also a disease with which I am very familiar. I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia in the summer of 2000. I was very fortunate to find a bone marrow donor just a few months after my diagnosis. I received a bone marrow transplant on November 7th, 2000 and just celebrated the five year mark. I understand, from experience, how hard it is for patients and families battling this disease and I am finally in a position to help raise money to find a cure.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. Founded in 1949, we are relentless in pursuit of our mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life for patients and their families. My goal is to raise $2,200.00 and with your help, I hope to not only achieve that amount, but surpass it.
I urge you to join me today in supporting this worthy cause. If you wish to donate with cash or a check, please send it to me in the mail and please make checks payable to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If you would like to donate using your credit card, please call me at (856)264-7437. To make an online donation, please visit my website at http://www.active.com/donate/tntsonj/tntsonjENachma
If anyone knows of any company willing to donate $1000, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will put the company logo on the back of all of the singlets and cycle jerseys for the entire 2006 season. The season includes six events (three marathons, two triathlons and one cycling) with one event in each of the following cities: Long Branch, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, San Diego, CA, Lake Tahoe, NV, Anchorage, AK & Sun River, OR.
I would like to thank you in advance for your support. And, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,

Ed Nachman