General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

Heaviest car here?

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Heaviest car here?

I was just viewing everyones profiles...and it seems that i am pretty much the slowest car here...am i also the heaviest at 3690 almost dry weight?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Heaviest car here?

Originally Posted by 1BadMirada
I was just viewing everyones profiles...and it seems that i am pretty much the slowest car here...am i also the heaviest at 3690 almost dry weight?

When I read this I went and checked and I'm a few below you on Et.
You can only go as fast as your wallet allows.
Unless your running heads up, consistency wins races.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Administrator

well, having run a decent size national series over the past few years, ive gotten my lights down to consistant 50xs to 56xs ususally...in the slower car last year at Quaker city, i had 3 .501s in a row...and in the finals? .498 red.

so i know what you mean about consistency..but im not running a series this year, and having moved to michigan 'the state of no vehicular code'...the mirada mat see regular street use next year. this place is over run with new mustangs that need their feelings hurt. so fast is gonna be the name of the game, not so much consistency...however, i would like to be closer to the 12.00 cutoff for street. i still have power windows...so there is room to cut weight, but wheni started racing, i was around 4100lbs...since then ive gotten a fiberglass hood and trunk lid, and removed the back seat. My dad is in the process of having an aluminum rear bumper made. i was supposed to be buying a duster this past winter, but i got the money that the guy wanted, and when i went back to buy it, he doubled the price on me. so its back into the old heavy mirada. the 12.68 that i ran was NOT in great air, so it had more in it, but the steadily declining conditon of things like the timing chain and valve springs took their toll. i am ususally about .15s faster at norwalk than at PRP, and by years end, the best i could muster at norwalk was a 12.71.

my dad and i often talk of getting better pistons to get away from the 8 to 1 setup i have now, but with the cost of fuel, im happy that my car runs on 87 octane.

last year with DOTs and mufflers i even got the LF tire up!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:09 PM

Re: Heaviest car here?

Originally Posted by 1BadMirada
It's official. You are not the slowest car here now.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mines probablly slower. I bet I only turn high 13s when I get it to the track and thats at around 3100lbs.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Administrator

i dont know adam...i was looking at your mod list...and we arent that far apart...a quick run down..my stuff is in bold...

Engine
72, 340 short block I have a 69 340, with 8 to 1 pistons
forged crank same
unknown cam mopar purple shaft 528

Induction
1986 casting 360 heads 1988 360 heads with roller rockers
1.88 intake valves same
1.60 exhaust valves same
Edelbrock LD340 Intake Edelbrock Airgap
1" HVH Super Sucker spacer same
Holley 4777 650 mechanical Secondary Carb Barry grant 750 mech sec with 800 cfm proform center
ProForm body

Jets 72 primary 84 secondary 89s in the front 91s in the back
squirters #31 pri & sec. i cant remember what squirters i have
6.5 Power valve front, none rear.

Ignition
MSD 6A Ignition Same
FBO coil MSD coil
FBO stage 2 Dist. 18* intial, 34* total @ 3000rpms mopar full advance dist

Transmission
Chrysler A904 727
Turbo-Action Reverse Manual Valve Body manual valve body, custom built
Bolt in sprag
2.77:1 gear set stock set from 69
Turbo-Action tight 8" Torque Converter 8" transpecialties 3300 stall
Mopar Performance Deep Transmission Pan
Turbo-Action SCS shifter hurst quarter stick
Hurst Line Lock had B&M, hated it, its gone.

Exhaust
1-5/8" Hedders same size from flowtech
Torque Tech 3" mandrel bent head pipes custom 3" SS
3", 2 Chambered Flowmaster DeltaFlows Flowmaster supercomp race mufflers

Rear End
Chrysler 8-3/4 same
3.91 Gear Set 4.10 richmond
Clutch type sure grip. same

Suspension/Body- no performance suspension
Mopar Performance Subframe Connectors - welded in
Summit Driveshaft Loop
16 gallon Fuel Cell
Battery in trunk
Moroso Solid Motor Mounts
002/003 Super Stock Leaf Springs
Mopar Performance long drag shocks
Poly upper control arm bushings
Adjustable Strut rods with Poly bushings.

wheels/tires
Front Centerline Autodrags 15X5.5" i believe that mine are 15x4
Lemans Champion 205-70-15s Kumho 175x50
Rear Centerline Autodrags 15X8.5 with 4-7/8" backspacing mopar turbone rims
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radails 275-60-15s
Hoosier Quick Time Pro 26.5x12.5

That all being said, considering the nearly 600 pound difference in weight, i would suspect you to run better than you think, but good luck either way...because no matter what you run, at least youre in a mopar..and a great looking one at that!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Wow you have that combo flying. I guess I'll find out soon enough. You have a better cam then I do atleast though. I dont know whats in mine but its dead at 5800rpms. I have a Comp Cams XE274H for it on the shelf but I may sell it and go with the solid version. It should make more torque and pull higher then the hyd version.

I also have a set of Magnum heads on the bench for it that should make a big differance.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

hmmm...im hitting over 7500 in the box, and shiting around 6200, trapping 5800, so not enough gear. what is the lift/dur on your comp cam? i also have a 509 MPP at the shop. i didnt say, but my setup is also solid lifter, roller rockers. late in the year before i broke the top end, when i would jump it in the box, it would hit almost 9 gfrand before i could shift...late in the year, i started my burnouts in 2nd gear.

when we got this current setup together, my dad said, "go out on the street, and run every gear out until it stops pulling"...

so i went out on the street, launched easy...shifted out of first gear around 8800...and out of second gear around 8500...

when i came back into the shop, my dad knocked me on top of my head and told me never to do that again...

i wish you the best of luck!! you have a gorgeous car there, and it sounds like she shoud scoot right along!