General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

Hey Dan !!!

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Dan !!!

How is it going with the motor?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:38 AM

Hey. Well, you know the machine shop guys - a couple of weeks turns into - a lot of weeks. I called him on Friday to see if there was any progress, and he had just hot tanked the block. The pistons haven't come in yet and the new valves for the heads are on their way too.

Final C/R should be around 10.8 or 11:1. I don't want to go too crazy with the compression yet, so I can still run it on pump gas or a mixture if needed, and get into the 10's.

I really didn't expect to have to put this much money into the motor this season, so the other upgrades I was planning will have to wait a while. I 've been looking at the Alterkation rack & pinion set up for a while and would really like to get that done sometime. I'll have to consult with BBLM when the time comes.

What have you been up to, Tony?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

It so time consuming when you have to wait on other people.
As long as its done right.
I haven't been up to much. I don't see myself going back to the track
until September when it starts to cool off. I do have the luxury of being able to drive her on the street and I do.
Trying to figure a way to get more air into the carb without going to crazy.
I just bought one of those k&n filter tops for my air cleaner. Says it will flow 500+ cfm more air into my carb. I will start there since it was $80 vs
500+ for a f/g hood plus hardware plus new air cleaner and dam assembly. If I pick up I'll know I'm headed in the right direction then make a decision on the hood and the goodies that go with it.