Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   General Forum (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/)
-   -   Membership Drive! (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/general-forum-13/membership-drive-125/)

fastbackcuda 02-10-2005 06:18 PM

This could be the reason

http://northeastdragracing.com/

I say give it another year.

fastbackcuda 02-10-2005 06:19 PM

That site only covers a few drag strips though.

mikelbeck 02-10-2005 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
:( Well it hasn't been a year yet. Its for the East coast and its winter.
Was'nt doing too bad for a start up mid season. What do you think ?
Your the one who puts in the most effort.

I'd like to see it keep going, and grow some... We could use some more members, I think. Some new blood!

onehellofadart 02-10-2005 06:50 PM

That's true. It seems to be the same 7 people Who post regularly.
But during the season we post pretty often.

onehellofadart 02-10-2005 07:07 PM

Mikel switch over to Island. May sound corny but :idea: you, Dan, and
myself in NEBR shirts running respectable #'s could draw interest as a club. After all it is a club sort of, no?
Also more emoticons :mrgreen:
Especially The little guy hole shotting and shifting :p
Some more drag racing related.

mikelbeck 02-10-2005 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by fastbackcuda
That site only covers a few drag strips though.

True.

I had Phil (I think) from Numidia contact me not too long ago, he was interested in what was going on here. I told him we could make this the "Numidia Forums" home (we've got a forums for there already), I think he said he'd get back to me on it. I haven't heard back from him, though.

mikelbeck 02-10-2005 07:43 PM

Mikel switch over to Island. May sound corny but :idea: you, Dan, and
myself in NEBR shirts running respectable #'s could draw interest as a club. After all it is a club sort of, no?

LOL... I'll see what I can do about the shifting guy.

I'm still not sure where I'm racing this year... I'm not even sure what I'm doing with my car, either. I was just gonna slap some Wilwoods on the front and go racing, but it looks like I might be pulling the motor out and doing a re-ring job on it (at least, maybe more).

mikelbeck 02-11-2005 11:47 AM

Here's a go:

:3gears:

mikelbeck 02-11-2005 11:50 AM

Here's a few more new ones:

:poke:

:oops2:

:blink:

:unsure:

onehellofadart 02-11-2005 11:52 AM

:3gears: :mrgreen: :3gears:
Cool Thanks

Its the little things =D>

sickt7cuda 02-11-2005 01:42 PM

Mike, I like Tony's idea about going to island, wearing the shirts (I know I gotta buy one) an spreading the word.

Seems to me, the biggest draw to these sites are the tech related sections. How to, what if, where is, ya know. Maybe a database of tech articals would help draw new members. I don't think schedules and special events are enough. Tech articles could be gleamed form just about anywhere and posted here with credit given to the author, of course. Wadda you think?

mikelbeck 02-11-2005 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
Seems to me, the biggest draw to these sites are the tech related sections. How to, what if, where is, ya know. Maybe a database of tech articals would help draw new members. I don't think schedules and special events are enough. Tech articles could be gleamed form just about anywhere and posted here with credit given to the author, of course. Wadda you think?

That sounds like a good idea. I'll keep my eyes open for stuff. You guys do the same, if you see something that looks useful let me know, or post it in a few thread and I'll create a "tech archives" forum, or something.

DARTSPORT 02-11-2005 04:07 PM

We should be able to get some new members once the season starts. The site should get busier then.

mikelbeck 02-11-2005 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by DARTSPORT
We should be able to get some new members once the season starts. The site should get busier then.

I'm hoping...

Everybody get out your NEBR shirts & hats, hit the tracks! ;-)

I was thinking about making up a sticker... Maybe to put in the back window of my car, would anybody else be interested?

fastbackcuda 02-11-2005 04:45 PM

Mikel see if theres anything in the Tech archives on fabo you can use.

onehellofadart 02-12-2005 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mikelbeck

Originally Posted by DARTSPORT

I'm hoping...

Everybody get out your NEBR shirts & hats, hit the tracks! ;-)

I was thinking about making up a sticker... Maybe to put in the back window of my car, would anybody else be interested?

Lets see the design. Make them out of that clinging vinyl so they can be removed.

mikelbeck 02-12-2005 09:06 AM

Lets see the design. Make them out of that clinging vinyl so they can be removed.

I'll see what I can do.

I'm going to have a "www.northeastbracketracing.com" made up to put at either the top of my windshield or my back window. But I'll see if I can find a place to make up a cling one, maybe with the new logo on it.

sickt7cuda 02-12-2005 09:15 AM

I'll go for the sticker thingy.

mikelbeck 02-12-2005 09:21 AM

I'll go for the sticker thingy.

Which? The clingy one or the URL one?

sickt7cuda 02-12-2005 09:30 AM

I was thinking Clingy. What's the URL idea?

mikelbeck 02-12-2005 09:32 AM

I was thinking Clingy. What's the URL idea?

This:

I'm going to have a "www.northeastbracketracing.com" made up to put at either the top of my windshield or my back window.

I'll look around today for a place that could make them up.

mikelbeck 02-28-2005 10:42 PM

I'm having a hard time finding a place that'll make up a clingy. Anybody have any sources?

I found a place that'll make the URL, though... It's 2" x 42.50", $16.50 each plus shipping. The more that I order, the cheaper they'll be - 5-9 are 30% less, 10-24 are 35% less, etc.

Who's interested?

Here's a preview...

onehellofadart 03-01-2005 06:56 AM

Try this lady Bety Sue from Vinyl FX 201-818-1934.
She is located in Elmwood park, NJ I think.
Mention my name Tony from Seasons/Bedroc Contracting. She should give you a good price.

mikelbeck 03-01-2005 09:21 AM

Try this lady Bety Sue from Vinyl FX 201-818-1934.
She is located in Elmwood park, NJ I think.
Mention my name Tony from Seasons/Bedroc Contracting. She should give you a good price.

Can you take the lead on this? Since you've dealt with her before, maybe she'll give you a deal.

Khyron 03-01-2005 09:29 AM

There is a place I go to when I have speed-freekz stuff made, costs me $1 for a small sticker and $5 for a winder sticker. I can inquirer with them how much if you want, nothing fancy, just stickers.

Email me and we can talk more about it.

onehellofadart 03-01-2005 01:01 PM

Can you take the lead on this? Since you've dealt with her before, maybe she'll give you a deal.[/quote]

No problem, E-mail with artwork sent . :3gears:

mikelbeck 03-04-2005 03:27 PM

Can you take the lead on this? Since you've dealt with her before, maybe she'll give you a deal.

No problem, E-mail with artwork sent . :3gears:

Any response yet?

onehellofadart 03-04-2005 04:09 PM

She mis read my e-mail and farmed it out . Gave me a price of $50. each. But this was the entire logo car, tree, pavement.
She is now working on what I asked for. She said next week some time

fastbackcuda 03-10-2005 07:46 PM

Any word yet ?

mikelbeck 03-10-2005 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by fastbackcuda
Any word yet ?

Yes. Tony, care to share the details?