General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

New Admin

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

is it not streetable?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Got $2300 I can barrow ?

I can use my cousin anytime I want but he lives down the road from you.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:21 PM

Damn. And I was hoping for a quilting site !!!

Anyways, I'd like to welcome Patrick and Amanda.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Dan DeSande from Vernon, N.J.
I built my Barracuda from practically dirt, used to do body work for a living, now a Respiratory Therapist.

When I first got my car, the original plans were to restore it to OEM, then after going with a friend to the track (he races a 68 Fastback) I got bite by the bug and went home and made a new plans for the car. It took me 2 yrs to get it track ready and last year was my first full year of racing. Haven't gotten past the 2nd round yet, but there's still high hopes. I've had to work out a miriad of problems and with the help of people like the ones on this board, am finally "on track".

Now, let's go RACIN'.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehellofadart
...Ten minutes on board and already showing
skin...
Old 06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Administrator

while my car is an oddball, it started off as a full OEM resto project..and when finished, it was gorgeous..i had just turned 16 when it was done..and i started driving it..then, at a car show which also had a track, i made a pass..it ran 18.72 @ 68 mph, and having had my permit only for a few weeks..that was the fastest that i had gone. it wasnt fast, but it could smoke the right side tire like none other...my love of burnouts led to blowing the diff, and we got an 8 3/4, with a 323..then the 340ci went in, then bigger gears...then it started getting stripped out for the track...ive won a few times..as mentioned ive been in mopar muscle, mopar colelctors guide, and national dragster...although that last one was just a blurb about a class win at a big event. i raced alot prior to moving, and at least once a week i attended at time trail, and an elim event, weather permitting...whether in the RT or the mirada, or even my buddy's bottled sebring, i havent lost in the first round since the first national event of the 2003 season...i affectionately call myself the first round assasin. last event of last year, i broke the motor, and ran a 14.50 on 6 cylinders at like 55 mph...but still managed to win thanks to a foolish break out by the other guy...

the hardest part is going back and forth from a 12 second auto RWD car, to a FWD 6 cyl auto, to a fwd 4 cyl bottled manual trans car...launch timing is different on every car, but it presents in interesting challenge...i only ran the RT once in elims last year, but i finished second, losing to a 18 second chevy truck....he ran an 18.010 on a 18.01 dial, with a 502 light...i had a 505 light, and broke out...
Old 06-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
I've had to work out a miriad of problems
Now, let's go RACIN'.
You Dog you . Don't think anyone noticed
Old 06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
Damn. And I was hoping for a quilting site !!!

Anyways, I'd like to welcome Patrick and Amanda.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Dan DeSande from Vernon, N.J.
I built my Barracuda from practically dirt, used to do body work for a living, now a Respiratory Therapist.

When I first got my car, the original plans were to restore it to OEM, then after going with a friend to the track (he races a 68 Fastback) I got bite by the bug and went home and made a new plans for the car. It took me 2 yrs to get it track ready and last year was my first full year of racing. Haven't gotten past the 2nd round yet, but there's still high hopes. I've had to work out a miriad of problems and with the help of people like the ones on this board, am finally "on track".

Now, let's go RACIN'.
Thanks for the welcome!! Outstanding car you've got there!!

~Amanda
Old 06-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1BadMirada
is it not streetable?
Its plenty streetable but thats a 2.5hr drive with 3" flowmaster, 3.91 gears and an 8" converter. I dont have enough aspring for a ride like that and the fuel cell empties quick.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Administrator

ohh..i didnt realize you were that far...i used to drive the mirada to the track..change the tires...then race..change them back, and drive home..it was Such a pain...now we have the motor home and the trailer. back then i was running high 13s...but i was always afraid to break something like an axle or a drive shaft...and have to leave the car there...so i see your point
Old 06-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

LVD, E-Town and Island are all about 2-2.5 hours away. It sucks.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Administrator

i just found out that Milan raceway is about 1.5 hours for me..once my new mounts show up...the littlr stratus will be stripped clean and off to the track!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Are there any other Admin/Moderators here besides 1BadMirada, Amanda, and fastbackcuda ?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Not that I'm aware of.
I think we should have a mutiny. Hire someone to make us Admins and get this place going again.

It's a spammers haven here now.