General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

New Job ?

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator

New Job ?

Well I might have a new job in the next few weeks. This will be a good change. Better pay, better benifits, and working Days .
Just have to get my physical done and the background checks, and I should be set to go. I'm Psyched.
I lost a great job last june. I worked for Texaco Research. After Chevron took over it was all down hill untill the plant closed. I really miss that job. Got to test fuel additives in the test stand engines. All hooked to dyno's and computer controlled. I also ran the supercharged aviation test stand. Before they could sell any aviation fuel that came off the barge, I had to test it. To bad I couldn't have gotten my hands on all that aviation fuel that was stored there, and probably just went back to the refinery as slop.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck to ya. New job in the same field?
Old 10-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Administrator

The Old job was great, I loved what I was doing. Can't find anything in the same field. Even STP,in Danbury, I hear aren't doing much. If they are doing research these companies send the work to A place in texas that works out of a big sheet metal building. I visited Mobil, exit 4 or 2, a few years ago and they weren't doing any testing there. Bunch of guys just sitting around. Must have been the same thing with Exxon/ Mobil merger(which they never are, they are take overs)
New one will be different. Praxair electronics. Doing shipping and receving for another company. Some of you may know Praxair as a gas company. Argon, Nitrogen, Oxygen etc..
This is another division of them.