General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

Racecar Insurance!! Anybody else have your racecar insured??

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Racecar Insurance!! Anybody else have your racecar insured??

After seeing 1 car burn, and 2 cars wrecked earlier this year, I got my racecar insured. As of May 17th,2007 untill May 17th, 2008. My car is insured 100% of the time, even going down the track while racing!! I have it insured thru AO Underwriters out of Michigan. It is insured through Lloyds of London. I just got the policy in the mail today. This is the only company that I found that will cover your car while going down the track. All of the other insurance companys, didn't cover you going down the track. Also most of your automobile insurance's DO NOT cover your racecar while it is in the trailer, going down the road or while parked!! Also your homeowners insurance, doesn't cover your racecar either!! It is a big risk , not having your racecar covered by some type of insurance. It does not cover it, if you brake something. Only covers your car , if it is in an accident, fire, theft, or vandalism. It will cover your car if you wreck it due to something breaking.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

How much does the insurance cost?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower71
How much does the insurance cost?
I insured the car for $45,000 , premiums are $1560.03 for a year, $1000 deducible.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 AM

Hi Paul,
If I understood them correctly, I spoke with that insurance company that advertises in ND and they had two different policies. One to cover your car between the burnout box and the return road and another policy that covers your car between the return road and the burnout box. They gave me the impression that the first policy covers race damage (an accident, rollover, or something like that). The premiums sounded comprable. I am interested in more information from the company you spoke of. Do you have any contact info? You can just bring it to the track Sunday if you think of it...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:51 AM

http://aounderwriters.com/racecars.html
Should be a link to them . I will bring my policy to the track this weekend. Seee you there. Paul
Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Thanks!!