General Forum Anything goes in this forum.

READ THIS: Is this working?

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mikel,
I visit this site from work at least 6-8 times per day and then again from home a few times in the evenings. Not much happening. I have tried in the past to post just to keep things going also.
Out of all the members signed up it seems to be the same 7-8 people who do the posting.
Most of the members who do post are also members at FABO, Except for b3cuda and JZ. If you were to close up the sight they would be the ones who would lose out the most.
Recently I joined www.northeastdragracing.com just to see what was happening there. Not much either maybe 3 posts a day and mostly from Maine.
I am starting to believe most drag racers do not want to or have no interest in sharing other than kill stories. I can understand this on a National level but not on ours.
I know I don't do that much racing seems like you, dan, dartsport and blm are the dedicated racers here at the moment.
I've handed out flyers and spoke to people at the track in the past. No help.
I don't know what to tell you. Nothing seems to work. Lots of racing info here, and real nice people. Its been about a year and no great pick up in posts.
Unless someone has a stroke of genius to increase posts I'm clue less at this point as to how to make it better.
What ever you decide is ok with me.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:03 AM

I wore my FABO shirt at Musclepalooza on Saturday. I wore my NEBR shirt on Sunday. No hits, comments or questions. Most of the people I met were from Moparts.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing I can think of and I mentioned it in the past was pick a track and all race together as a club to see if we could spark some
interest.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 PM

Well, it will be a "sad day in Mudville" if you have to close the site. I've grown kinda fond of it. I myself check in several times a day, but like Tony says, it's always the same few that post here. I wish I had an answer or even an idea but alas....I don't.

I really thought it would catch on.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Congratz Mikel !!!!
We will see what we will see I guess.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:50 AM

Well I'm glad it will continue, I check this site all day at work, reminds me what I'm working for.

It seems everyone I know thinks of cars as just something to get you from point A to point B, they don't "get " why I'm into cars the way I am. It's nice to have a place where people have the same intrest as me