Bracket Racing

Bracket Racing (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/)
-   Tech (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/tech-27/)
-   -   Question about head gaskets (https://www.northeastbracketracing.com/forums/tech-27/question-about-head-gaskets-247/)

mikelbeck 03-06-2005 04:27 PM

I had the heads pressure tested, no problems, no leaks, no cracks.

And today I got the heads back on the motor! WOOHOO!

Next up is the intake, then firing it up to make sure there's no more leaks.

My neighbor, who's not even racing this year, got his car running today. That kind of motivated me to get going on this. :roll:

DARTSPORT 03-06-2005 06:11 PM

Good to hear that it is getting back together.. It won't be long before we can get to the track. 8)

mikelbeck 03-06-2005 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by DARTSPORT
Good to hear that it is getting back together.. It won't be long before we can get to the track. 8)

Yeah, I'm starting to get itchy again. I nailed a guy in a Hyundia to the tree today while driving the wife's minivan. She wasn't amused.

She should be happy that I didn't try to warm up the tires beforehand!

onehellofadart 03-07-2005 01:15 PM

Glad to hear its going well. 58* today I got the itch also :3gears:

82GT 03-07-2005 02:18 PM

Why couldn't we have this weather on the weekend, It's killing me not being able to do anything!!

sickt7cuda 03-07-2005 04:47 PM

If the weather is crappy outside, I just find something to do inside, like calling Wes at Mancini's and ordering some Edelbrock heads. =P~ =P~

I'm gonna stick with the old cam (.509 hydraulic) for the 1st couple of weeks of racing, then swap it out to a solid one with more lift.

I'm really looking foward to the new season.

mikelbeck 03-07-2005 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by sickt7cuda
If the weather is crappy outside, I just find something to do inside, like calling Wes at Mancini's and ordering some Edelbrock heads. =P~ =P~

Order up 2 sets, I could use one. ;-)

sickt7cuda 03-07-2005 04:58 PM

No problem, pal. Do you want yours polished and fully ported?

mikelbeck 03-07-2005 06:41 PM

No problem, pal. Do you want yours polished and fully ported?

Oh, of course. You might as well order the Indy versions of the E-Heads, I think they're already ported & polished.

Thanks, man!

Mopower71 03-07-2005 08:17 PM

I'm gonna stick with the old cam (.509 hydraulic) for the 1st couple of weeks of racing, then swap it out to a solid one with more lift.

I'm really looking foward to the new season.

We need your billing address, cause I'll take a set

sickt7cuda 03-07-2005 08:31 PM

Send the bill to: Dan DeSande
1 Goofy Rd
Fantasy Land, USA
383-451 :^o

Mopower71 03-07-2005 08:33 PM

What state is that in?

The state of confusion? :mrgreen:

racedak440 03-27-2005 04:11 AM

Hi guys, great site, I'm the newbie from Canada and was browsing this post with great interest as something similar happened to me many years ago with my small block. Now, not wanting to take anything for granted, (which I did, and learned from it!) your head gaskets were of the permanent torque variety (not all of them are) also I assumed my machine shop was doing the work properly (thats what I was paying them to do, right) after the 3rd time apart, I discovered a chip on the edge of the combustion chamber that nobody saw (I assumed they would take care of that, 1st mistake) I was very green at the time and took lots for granted. I guess all I'm trying to say is, assume nothing. Other than that by your mph, it looks like you were making decent power, but I'll bet there's a couple of tenths sitting there with some fine tuning. Might help get rid of that nasty black stuff on your pistons as well. If your interested, I'd love to chat on the phone sometime, and hear what your running for carb combo,etc. and offer some suggestions from someone who's been through the ringer. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you my number via pm. Oh, by the way my name is Jim.

onehellofadart 03-27-2005 09:48 AM

Welcome aboard JIm :3gears:

mikelbeck 03-27-2005 11:01 AM

Welcome aboard, Jim.

You can check out the info on the car here:

http://www.burwoodboysracing.com/about_the_car.htm

racedak440 03-28-2005 12:34 AM

Thanks for the greeting guys. Mikelbeck I sent you an e-mail but I'm not sure it went through, it kind of disappeared off the screen on me. Let me know if you got it or not. Thanks

sickt7cuda 03-28-2005 09:04 AM

Welcome to the board, Jim. Just chime in with whatever is on your mind. We can always use ideas and opinions, and yes, we give 'em also.