Announcements Announcements from the staff

Welcome Back to NorthEastBracketRacing.com!

Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered Users

Thumbs up Welcome Back to NorthEastBracketRacing.com!

Welcome Back
The machine that previously hosted northeastbracketracing.com was hacked and subsequently taken down. Because of this, it was necessary to set up a new machine in our data center to host the forums.

Since the old machine was hacked, we couldn't simply copy everything over - instead, we had to set up a new server from scratch and start with a fresh copy of vBulletin. We have imported the old forums as well, so all the user accounts, threads, etc. should still be here.

We apologize that the outage lasted as long as it did. On the bright side, SHF is now running on some very nice hardware, and the machine it's running on is a good deal more secure than the old one.

Expect Delays While We Get Re-Indexed by Search Engines
Search engines (Yahoo!, Google, etc.) will eventually notice that our forums are back online. This is a good thing, as it makes it easier for new users to find us. On the other hand, if they decide to re-index the entire site at once (which is likely), they will hammer us with thousands of requests in order to find every last thread on the site. We can take steps to get them to throttle back somewhat, but it may still slow the board down temporarily.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Thank You Mr. Administrator.
I did send you an e-mail regarding this, I was wondering what happened to the site.
What we need now is to get some traffic here.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Is the webmail down still?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Users

Regarding traffic, I've installed vBSEO Sitemap Generator, so hopefully that will boost search engine referrals a bit. Was there any kind of advocacy you guys did before, like handing out stickers at drag races?

Webmail is down for the time being. I'm not sure what we're going to do about it just yet. I think there was a photo gallery as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

The webmail wasn't that important, but that is where I had this sites mail directed.
I'll change my address.

I do think at one time there were window banners made up, and also someone was handing out flyers.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:47 PM

I was wondering what happened , also!! Glad it's back!!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 AM

Glad your back. Thought you were gone.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Administrator
Regarding traffic, I've installed vBSEO Sitemap Generator, so hopefully that will boost search engine referrals a bit. Was there any kind of advocacy you guys did before, like handing out stickers at drag races?

Webmail is down for the time being. I'm not sure what we're going to do about it just yet. I think there was a photo gallery as well.
Did you have any stickers made up?
We need to do a push some how.
Some things have changed on the site, the smiles are gone, in the member list you can't tell last activity, it also use to be on the bottom of the page.