Heads - Bracket Racing
North East Bracket Racing   North East Bracket Racing North East Bracket Racing  
North East Bracket Racing North East Bracket Racing North East Bracket Racing  
North East Bracket Racing  

Cylinder Head Tech - Hosted by Racing Flow Development Answers to your questions or problems with your cylinder heads, hosted by cboggs from Racing Flow Development

submit to reddit

Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM   #1  

Heads

Curtis, I got your PM and I'll give you a call sometime after the holidays.

I looked at the Indy heads and shyed away for a couple of reasons; base cost is kinda steep, coupled with the fact that you need to use specific rockers (Indy or Jesel), also pretty pricey. Add to that the external oil system. I am going to take a second look at the Bulldogs, then make-up my mind. Thanks.
sickt7cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:47 PM   #2  

Dan,

The Indy SR's can use a stock type rocker.

The Bulldogs, .. I've not had a problem with, only seen one set but I have herd from other porters that there have been some issues, .. thin ports ( exhaust ) and delivery. I'm not real comfortable working on them.

If I was you, .. I'd pick the Eddy's before the Bulldog's.

As for flow numbers, if you take the Eddy's and put a 2.19" or 2.200" valve in them I can get a flow number similar to the published Bulldog numbers, .. maybe a little better on the low lift.

You're running a 383, small bore, .. I'd stick to the 2.14" valve, .. maybe.
I'll have to try a big valve on the smaller bore to see, .. but I'm a big valve fan. I know the Fererra nail head style valve works great. Fererra makes the valve for me, .. it's a small block Chevy valve cut down, expensive tho'

Waiting till after the holiday is fine, . . but keep in mind so is every one else. Between that and the fact I do all the cylinder heads for a few road race classes my shop gets swamped in Jan, Feb & March.

Curtis
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit